Jun 15, 2022
Cindy Baroway joins the
conversation this week from the exhibit hall floor at Risk World.
Cindy is the Executive Director for the University of Colorado
Denver’s risk management program and is a past Global President of
the CPCU. She gives her thoughts on how the industry can attract
new talent, how we can better hire and retain diverse talent, and
her best advice for new graduates looking for an internship or
career in insurance. Cindy also talks about why she joined the CPCU
society, and the rewards her involvement has brought to her
professionally and personally.
- Cindy shares her perspective on being a female
executive in the insurance industry.
- Companies can cite that diversity is important
to them, but making feel employees feel comfortable is critical as
- What other lessons can Cindy impart to
companies trying to encourage more diversity in the executive
- If you’re going to play golf or going out to
have drinks after work, ask yourself if you are including everyone
in the office.
- Students are looking for flexibility and impact
when considering a role in insurance.
- What can companies do who are recruiting Risk
- Cindy shares her thoughts on the best practices
to try and attract commuters and first-generation students to
- Cindy talks about the benefits she gained from
being a part of the CPCU society.
Keep Getting Better
Cindy Baroway LinkedIn
- “If you can lead a group of volunteers, you’re
going to be successful in your business environment.”
- “It’s not so much just about how people look.
If you’re not welcoming, the minute they walk in the door, people
aren’t going to stay.”
- “If you’re going out to play golf, or you’re
going out to have drinks after work, or having even a Zoom happy
hour, are you including everybody within that office that should be
there as well?”