Nov 5, 2021
Traci Adedeji is the Insurance
Operations Program Lead at AIPSO and a fellow member of the CPCU
Society Leadership Council. With over 30 years of experience, Traci
has specialized knowledge in the auto insurance industry. In this
episode, she talks about diversity, how to start a conversation
about inclusion, where self-driving vehicles are headed, and what
the world of insurance will look like as more of these types of
vehicles are seen on the road.
- A little bit about Traci and how she got
- Traci attributes her willingness to learn in
helping her accelerate her career growth.
- Traci shares where the industry is, as a whole,
when it comes to diversity and inclusion.
- We need to give ourselves credit that there is
a problem and there isn’t a simple fix out there quite
- How do we talk about race in a safe
- How do we begin to attract different sets of
people in the industry?
- What makes the insurance industry so attractive
- Traci shares her thoughts on the future of the
auto insurance industry.
- Everyone needs auto insurance.
- We need a diverse set of people and experiences
when programming automated underwriting.
- Are you comfortable interacting with the people
you work with? Traci shares how you can begin getting out of your
- You cannot let yourself be limited by your own
- Traci thought because she wasn’t white, she
didn’t have the right degree, that she wouldn’t be able to excel in
her career. This is false!
- Your possibilities are as limitless as you make
Keep Getting Better
Traci on LinkedIn
“Diversity is the biggest
opportunity we have to secure the future of our
“If organizations take the time
to create an inclusive and nurturing environment, that fertilizes
the ground and sets the stage for better conversations.”
“The insurance industry is
COVID-19 proof. There are also more diverse opportunities in this
space than there were 15 years ago.”