Jul 13, 2022
Host Chris Hampshire is joined
today by Dr. Brad Gronke, technical training manager for Gallagher
Bassett and founder of Ignite P3. Dr. Brad is an outcomes-driven
influential claims leader and public speaker with over 20 years of
industry experience. He has joined the podcast for a conversation
about diversity, equity, and inclusion and how the CPCU Society is
working to broaden the talent base in the insurance industry. Dr.
Brad shares the progress the insurance industry has made on
diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as some of the key areas
that still have room for growth. He also offers insights into the
meaningful ways that the insurance industry has supported him in
expanding his network, improving his connections, and achieving his
- Dr. Brad reflects on his childhood dream of
helping people, and the career path that has realized that
- The aspect of human development that appeals to
Dr. Brad and drives his mission.
- “Use it or lose it” applies to every aspect of
human evolution, including our brains.
- How does the insurance industry present itself
positively to the marketplace, and how could it
- The insurance industry is there to carry people
through loss, a fact that needs to be more clearly
- Humanity in business is always the best
- The current state of diversity and inclusion in
the insurance industry has plenty of room for future
- It is essential that leaders focus on
diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Writing your personal diversity story is the
first step in widening your reach.
- Key steps to attracting more diverse talent
within the insurance industry.
- Dr. Brad reveals the successes that have come
with starting Ignite P3.
- The value of the CPCU Society network in
fulfilling passions and reaching career goals.
- Getting intentional, saying no, and increasing
- What Dr. Brad wishes he’d known when he started
in the insurance industry 20 years ago.
Keep Getting Better
- “If we don’t work our brains, if we don’t
continue to exercise them and grow our knowledge, then they’re
going to atrophy.”
- “Humanity in business is the best
- “If we put humanity first, the profits will
come, the people will come, the talent will come.”
- As a leader, you have to be focused on
diversity, equity, and inclusion.”
- “Greater intentionality has helped me deliver
amazing results, professionally and personally.”