Jun 1, 2022
Anthony Trucks is a former NFL
Athlete, American Ninja Warrior on NBC, international speaker, host
of the Aww Shift podcast, and the founder of Identity Shift
coaching. He uses cutting-edge science and psychology to upgrade
how you operate so you can elevate your life and business to reach
your full potential. After being given away into foster care at
three years old, being adopted into an all-white family at 14,
losing his NFL career to injury, and more he learned how to shift
at a very young age, and now his life mission is teaching others
how to Make Shift Happen in their lives. Anthony will be the
closing keynote speaker at the In2Risk event this November in San
Francisco. He has joined the podcast today to address major life
challenges — how to overcome them and how to shift when things get
- Anthony shares the early childhood experiences
that led him to make shift happen.
- Ownership is the first step to making true
change — Anthony asked himself what he personally had control over
and could shift to take control of his life.
- The process of effecting real change starts
with embracing the discomfort.
- Consistently returning to the difficult, over
time, transitions it into your new normal.
- “Embracing the suck” transforms the drive that
will help anyone make lasting change.
- There is a space where you can exist without
the anxiety or fear of a certain trajectory toward a death
- Ask yourself about the work that you are doing
— is this the right time to do it? Is this the right amount of time
spent on it? Can I leave work at work?
- Anthony wants listeners to fall in love with
your day, not just your destination.
- Progress happens when we stretch for more while
still keeping a good rhythm in life.
- The core habits that help Anthony make shift
happen include effective planning, pausing before saying yes, and
maintaining a daily schedule.
- Creating boundaries with phone calls, texts,
and emails will allow you to accomplish your high-priority tasks
- Five minutes of focus time is all you need to
lean into productive flow.
- Avoiding distraction starts by taking yourself
off-line to counteract your brain’s desire for a dopamine
- Anthony shares some of the major risk-taking
moves in his career that paid off, and some that
- What will the future have to offer for those
who want to make shift happen in their lives?
- Insights from Anthony’s time as the first
former NFL athlete on American Ninja Warrior.
- Anthony reveals what he wishes he had known at
the beginning of his journey.
Keep Getting Better
“Eventually there’s a journey
that takes place where this thing that you hated to do becomes
something that you identify with now.”
“We all know what we want, but
for some reason, there’s not enough of a drive.”
“I have to fall in love with the
day, not just the destination.”
“I can still stretch for more
while keeping a good, enjoyable rhythm in my life.”
“Being able to put boundaries …
is paramount to your success.”
“People who can execute and
execute consistently, I believe, have the greatest
“I want the opportunity in the
moment where no one else sees it.”